LISTEN UP!



I've recently come to love podcasts. I've never been the attentive one when it comes to listening to books or podcasts on my device. Part of it is because I have 3 children and I'm constantly being asked questions, needing to break up an argument, or the noise level interrupts my ability to selectively hear. I can't seem to get enough of listening to them now. My kids don't need as much attention, they're able to understand that I'm busy learning, and I'm perfecting my selective hearing abilities.

So which podcast drew me in? I've dabbled in quite a few but the one I can't wait to hear each week is The Alisa Childers Podcast. She's an apologist that makes sure to explain the hard things for the average listener. These podcasts cover an array of topics; from politics to critical theory, from raising our kids to progressive Christianity. 

I've also been listening to the Cooper Stuff podcast by John Cooper of Skillet. (Disclaimer: turn down your volume until you know your threshold for listening; he gets loud passionate). Right now he is doing many talks on the state of American politics, racial tensions, and finding HOPE in Christ alone! I listen on Spotify but he does do a video version on YouTube. John Cooper and his family live in Kenosha, WI. Please watch this weeks episode for a in depth, first hand view of the protests and riots that went on. 

Courageous Parenting is a podcast I pick up here and there when the topic strikes me. It's a great podcast that helps you look into how to raise up your kids in Biblical (capital T) Truth in a culture that is steeped in sin. Isaac and Angie Tolpin are parents to 8 kids and they homeschool them. They touch on many topics but it's centered around Truth!

Mama Bear Apologetics I have only listened to a couple times. Again, it's another one that I listen to based on the topic. I did buy the book Mama Bear Apologetics but have yet to open it and read (because I have so many books on my list to read and a couple take precedent for homeschooling.)

The Hope We Hold. I have only listened to one episode but it's worth mentioning. Jeremy and Jinger interviewed Costi Hinn (yep, Benny Hinn's nephew). Costi left the prosperity gospel movement and is a pastor in AZ now. He has first hand knowledge into why the prosperity gospel is dangerous. His testimony is amazing and I always learn when I hear any of his interviews.  Jeremy asked some amazing questions of Costi and this was a great listen.

The last one, I just picked up, is called Relatable with Allie Beth Stuckey. She brings so much to her podcasts. Currently, every Monday, her podcast is dedicated to looking at the political stances on different issues. She does not hold back on her view of the issue! Please give it a listen!

These podcasts aren't light listening. They challenge me, help me learn more about myself and my faith, and most of all, they help me keep a Biblical Worldview of the issues and events at the forefront of our culture.

Comments