Crafty: DIY July 4th Wreath



This is the wreath I made for our Family Float for our town's July 4th Parade (that was on June 29)!

I promised a DIY this week and here it is! Did I mention it only cost $7.00!!

First you need to gather your supplies!

18" Wire Wreath form
1 plastic tablecover of each color; red, white, blue (got them at the dollar store, of course)
1 pkg of July 4 themed pipe cleaners (sparkly kind is best!)
Scissors
Star shaped cookie cutters, 2-3 sizes
White thread or fishing line (for stringing the stars)


The first part of the wreath was done by using this tutorial. She shows in pictures how to do the cutting of the tablecovers and tying them onto the wreath! I omitted the lights and the stars she did, though to make mine unique (and I couldn't find the star garland she describes anywhere!).

Making the stars was easy. Stringing it easy. Figuring out how to place it so it looked good, not so easy!
For the stars I took my star shaped cookie cutter and formed the pipe cleaner around it and overlapped the excess to secure the shape. For the smaller star I was able to wrap around twice, so I made two small stars for every 1 pipe cleaner! I was able to make a lot of these!

After making all the stars I tied one end of thread to the back side of the wreath, strung on some stars, tied the next part of the thread diagonally from the first, strung more stars and repeated until I was happy with the look. It really was a "wing it" part of the project!

I love how it looked in the parade and it looks great on my front door, too! I can put it up for memorial day, July 4, and Labor day!

Comments